Tuesday 10 April 2007

Prague

From Cesky Krumlov I took a bus to Prague. I had booked into the Czech Inn which was very modern, clean and funky.

After checking in I went down to Charles bridge which is lined with statues. There were people selling jewellery and paintings on the bridge and street performers. There were lots of souvenir shops selling wooden toys, crystal, amber and garnet jewellery on the streets on either side of the bridge.

The following day I went and saw the "Fred and Ginger" building or Dancing House a very untraditional building, I then wandered along the river, went to a modern art gallery and then explored the Old Town, its beautiful buildings and the Jewish quarter. I took a boat trip which was somewhat disappointing as it only went a very short distance up and down the river and then turned around several times. I then went up to Prague castle and then walked back down and across Charles Bridge.


No comments: