Monday 8 January 2007

Jack the Ripper, Museums and a Gallery

I have been doing lots of touristy things this week.

I went on an evening Jack the Ripper tour. There are multiple companies that run tours, the one I did is run by the Beefeaters at the Tower of London. www.jack-the-ripper-tours.com. I really enjoyed it. The tour start at Tower Hill tube station and the went around various back streets to the areas that the murders occurred with a good commentary on the murders and the history of the area.

I went to the National Portrait Gallery at Trafalgar square. There are great photos, paintings and sculptures.

I went to the National History Museum which is in a wonderful old building and has lots of stuffed animals in cases. I also went to the London museum which has the history of London and lots of really interesting displays.





I have finally uploaded some of my photos to the Flickr site so there is now a link to this on the side of my blog.

No comments: