Monday 16 October 2006

One Month In London

Today I have been in London one month, it seems to have gone very quickly. I have seen quite a bit but there is an endless amount of things to see in London.

I haven't yet braved the culinary delights of pie with jellied eels or whelks, maybe this month. I did have Chinese takeaway recently but don't think I will be repeating that experience; it was like Chinese food that was served twenty years ago in Australia and NZ (overly sweet, sticky and lacking decent quality meat or veges). Indian takeaway though is fantastic. Sainsburys is still quite exciting with the different brands and the food markets have great fruit, bread and cheese.

I am enjoying the little red squirrels in the park and I saw my first fox on the way home recently. Grey hounds seem to be rather popular round Hackney.

The weather is still good, the papers are full of the fact that it is the hottest Autumn on record. I am looking forward to buying some proper winter clothes and boots this year.

No comments: